Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
What is the Special Projects Department?
It is a rapid response unit that provides internal and external (when needed) support to get urgent and important projects and tasks done with quality and in short time. The roles of the department are to:
- Cater to urgent and high priority CEO requests and Ad-Hocs
- Lead Organization wide cross-functional projects
- Incubate unassigned initiatives
- Provide on-demand support (resources and tools) to business units when needed
What you’ll do?
- Deliver Ad-Hocs: Receiving, categorizing, planning, and delivering tasks that are not considered regular Business as Usual (BAU) or are urgent and important to the agenda of the CEO, with minimal disruption of the work of other business units.
- Lead and implement cross-functional or incubation projects: Incept, develop, plan, implement and sustain cross functional business projects with excellence (Time, budget, and Quality).
- Provide on-demand support: Provide capacity and support to departments in solving problems, delivering tasks, and implementing projects to ensure business continuity across DARP.
What are your duties?
- Provide concrete problem analysis and recommend the best solution
- Identify issues, structure problems, research facts, generate insights and explore solutions
- Able to search and use best practices frameworks and approaches and recommend solutions
- Develop robust and advanced analytical models (e.g. excel model, analytics, diagrams)
- Communicate effectively (verbal & written) and develop superb storylines/ presentations (specific, precise & concise) to drive decision Making
- Develop structured, logical, and easy to follow storyline
- Create beautiful and creative slides and reports
- Create written, verbal compelling arguments to drive persuasion
- Manage colleagues effectively and build relationships with stakeholders
- Build, and effectively manage relationships with stakeholders
- Actively collaborate with team members and actively seek feedback, and proactively provide support to team members
- Incubate ideas and manage projects effectively with robust delivery
- Develop and structure the project plan
- Effectively manage the execution of the project plan, resources, and budget.
- Follow up and monitor project activities
- Budget tracking and management
- Facilitate project requirement across stakeholders internally and externally
- Obtain, organize, and enhance knowledge, information & data of the project and make accessible for the team
- Provide agile and adaptive capacity for everchanging business environment in VUCAH setting (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous, Hyper-connected) using smart tools and application
- Demonstrate fast, flexible, responsive, and versatile abilities - Self-learning abilities to acquire the needed knowledge, skills in short time
- Use and deploy cutting edge tools and applications to deliver the best results (excellent in using MS Office the bare minimum)
- Find easy and efficient ways to get things done
Who you are?
You are a super star who seek excellence and willing to create an impact in one of the greatest causes for our nation (Hajj and Umrah). You strive on challenges and demonstrate agility to navigate through unstructured and ambiguous working environment, you cope easily with pressure. You are invested to lead transformation internally and externally with multiple stakeholders. You know how to use the latest technology to enhance business.
3-5 years of business/public sector experience, with a clear record of achievement and proven drive for personal growth. A consulting or a multinational experience or local pioneer companies is a must.
Undergraduate degree in engineering, business, economics, or a related field with an outstanding academic record.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver small – medium sized projects and/or manage small units with budget responsibility
- Superior problem solving and relationship building skills, including a demonstrated high level of client service commitment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team environment and with people across all levels of an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English and Arabic
- Mastery of PowerPoint and Excel for consulting purposes
- Proven ability to lead, coach, and develop teams
- Is always in touch and has attention to details