Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
What is the Procurement Department?
This central department extends its support to all departments at DARP with an array of internal and external services required from Procurement and Contracts services.
What you’ll do?
- Managing the complete procurement cycle from the initiation till the closure of a request.
- Create an generate the required reports by management.
- Negotiate contract financial claims with suppliers and advice for settlement.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Manage and oversee the procurement and contracting activities including outsourcing, vendor evaluation and selection, contract agreements and negotiations.
- Oversee the negotiations with all supplier and vendors.
- Lead contract management activities including setting contract terms and conditions and contract change orders, contract cancelation, contract termination and contract close out procedures.
- Oversee and maintain the organization’s interfaces with relevant suppliers and service delivery organizations.
- Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate procurement partnerships.
- Negotiating with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Provide required support to team members and colleagues.
- Manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the development of team members.
- Conduct Staff Performance Reviews.
- Establish and maintain internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare, update, and maintain contracting forms and templates.
Who you are?
The Procurement & Contracts Manager roles are to apply the official authorities’ rules and regulations regarding the Procurement and Contracts, responsible for overseeing negotiations with all suppliers/vendors and maintain the organization’s interfaces with relevant suppliers and service delivery organizations and managing contract agreements.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (Preferred), MIS (Preferred) or Business Administration or a related field, MBA is preferred as well.
- 6-8 years’ experience in Government Procurement & Contracts role.
- Worked on Tendering & Government Procurement Law, Dec 2019.
- Procurement related certificates i.e:
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP)
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM)
- Certified International Procurement Professional (CIPP)
- Excellent knowledge of procurement and contracting policies and procedures.
- Deep knowledge of contacts, purchase orders terms and conditions.
- Extensive knowledge in contract and supplier relationship management.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills (Arabic and English).